Fresh Ham Roast
- Uncured Ham Roast
- This cut is also called Pork Leg Roast
- Brine with salt and spices for a home-cured ham, or cook with simple seasonings low and slow for a sliceable or pull-able pork roast.
- Choose the weight range of your package
Fresh Ham Roast Recipe
- 4-6 Lb Fresh Leg Roast Aka: Pork Leg Roast, Uncured Ham
- Salt, Pepper, Chopped Rosemary, Red Pepper Flakes, and other herbs to taste
- 2-4 cups Water
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set roast in a large baking dish or baking pan with a large lip.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and herbs on all sides of the roast.
- Add water to baking dish until there is about an inch of water in the bottom of the dish.
- Cover baking dish and roast securely with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven and cook for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove foil and increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F, placing roast back in oven for about 20 minutes, or until browned. You can flip the roast halfway through if you'd like both top and bottom browned, or just brown the top (decrease browning time to 10-15 minutes.)
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing to serve. You can also pull roast apart for pulled pork.
Our pigs eat non-GMO feed, milled just a few miles down the Palouse from us, along with veggies from the garden and hay. We raise our animals naturally–without the use of antibiotics, medication, or vaccinations, and ethically–our pigs always have access to clean water, food, shade, and belly rubs.